The tactile nature of the design make these runes an ideal gift for people with a visual impairment. The raised copper piping can be felt through the fingers, to distinguish each rune from the other. Creating an accessible set of runes for divination.
Storage Pouch: This set of runes comes with one Corrosion Intercept® Anti-Tarnish Fabric Pouch. Measuring 4 x 5.5 inches, the pouches are designed to protect copper against tarnish and corrosion. The anti-tarnish matrix is printed on the inside of the drawstring pouch. They provide clean, non-toxic, environmentally friendly, non-abrasive, long term protection from corrosive gases. Intercept Technology does not offgas (the release of corrosive gases) like charcoal based products can, and does not leave any detectable deposits, it does not contain volatile chemicals, or oils.
Variation: Each piece is hand-crafted individually and will vary slightly in appearance. When ordering you will receive a replica of the original design using the same processing. Slight differences in the design will occur due to the hand-made nature of copper metalwork. The photographs in the gallery show a number of versions of the design on multiple backgrounds to give the most true to life image.
Process: Each metal rune is hand cut, forged and distressed for a weathered finish.
Metal: Solid copper metal with a patina finish that has been polished to reveal coppery highlights. The copper has been sealed with a hard wax to slow down the patina process. Over time the pieces will need buffing to restore the highlights.
Height: 2.9cm / 0.9 inches.
Width: 2cm / 0.6 inches.
Elder Futhark Set of 24 Runes
Top Row (Freyr’s Aett)
1) Fehu (wealth) – success, power
2) Uruz (strength) – perseverance
3) Thurisaz (thorn) – defence, protection
4) Ansuz (knowledge) – communication, wisdom
5) Raidho (wheel) – rhythm, journey, cycles
6) Kennaz (torch) – creativity, light
7) Gebo (gift) – balance, relationships, exchange
8) Wunjo (joy) – harmony, balance
Middle Row (Hagal’s Aett)
9) Hagalaz (destruction) – overcoming obstacles, change, deconstruction to reconstruction
10) Nauthiz (need) – restriction, difficulty, a lack of, endurance
11) Isa (ice) – challenges, stagnation, no movement, waiting
12) Jera (year) – fruition, completion, cycles
13) Eihwaz (yew tree) – enlightenment, protection, end of the cycle
14) Perthro (mystery) – chance, secrets
15) Algiz (elk) – instinct, protection, taking risks
16) Sowilo (sun) – resources, cleansing, warmth, light
Bottom Row (Tyr’s Aett)
17) Tiwaz (god Tyr) – masculine, courage, overcome
18) Berkana (birch tree) – female reproduction, feminine, birth
19) Ehwaz (horse) – movement, change, travel
20) Mannaz (humanity) – help, connection, friendship
21) Laguz (water) – flow, intuition, trust
22) Inguz (seed) – male reproduction, growth, change
23) Othala (inheritance) – possessions, heritage, tradition
24) Dagaz (dawn) – breakthrough, growth, awaken