The tactile nature of the design make these runes an ideal gift for people with a visual impairment. The raised copper piping can be felt through the fingers, to distinguish each rune from the other. Creating an accessible set of runes for divination.
** PLEASE ADD NOTE AT THE CHECKOUT WHICH RUNES YOU WOULD LIKE IN YOUR BUNDLE OF 5 **
Top Row (Freyr’s Aett)
1) Fehu (wealth) – success, power
2) Uruz (strength) – perseverance
3) Thurisaz (thorn) – defence, protection
4) Ansuz (knowledge) – communication, wisdom
5) Raidho (wheel) – rhythm, journey, cycles
6) Kennaz (torch) – creativity, light
7) Gebo (gift) – balance, relationships, exchange
8) Wunjo (joy) – harmony, balance
Middle Row (Hagal’s Aett)
9) Hagalaz (destruction) – overcoming obstacles, change, deconstruction to reconstruction
10) Nauthiz (need) – restriction, difficulty, a lack of, endurance
11) Isa (ice) – challenges, stagnation, no movement, waiting
12) Jera (year) – fruition, completion, cycles
13) Eihwaz (yew tree) – enlightenment, protection, end of the cycle
14) Perthro (mystery) – chance, secrets
15) Algiz (elk) – instinct, protection, taking risks
16) Sowilo (sun) – resources, cleansing, warmth, light
Bottom Row (Tyr’s Aett)
17) Tiwaz (god Tyr) – masculine, courage, overcome
18) Berkana (birch tree) – female reproduction, feminine, birth
19) Ehwaz (horse) – movement, change, travel
20) Mannaz (humanity) – help, connection, friendship
21) Laguz (water) – flow, intuition, trust
22) Inguz (seed) – male reproduction, growth, change
23) Othala (inheritance) – possessions, heritage, tradition
24) Dagaz (dawn) – breakthrough, growth, awaken
25) Odin’s rune – empty space, fate, destiny
Variation: Each piece is hand-crafted individually and will vary slightly in appearance. When ordering you will receive a replica of the original design using the same processing. Slight differences in the design will occur due to the hand-made nature of copper metalwork. The photographs in the gallery show a number of versions of the design on multiple backgrounds to give the most true to life image.
Metal: Solid copper metal with a patina finish that has been polished to reveal coppery highlights. The copper has been sealed with a hard wax to slow down the patina process. Over time the pieces will need buffing to restore the highlights.
Process: The five elements are represented in the coppersmith process, metal as the base material, forging through fire, quenching in water, air dried, and weathered with a deep patina colour for the earth.
Height: 2.9cm / 0.9 inches.
Width: 2cm / 0.6 inches.